Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ICEPOCALYPSE 2010!!


Oklahomans are bracing for what seems to be a very bad ice/snow storm. We've seen some pretty bad ones, we understand the cost. Christmas 2009 was an example of the power of weather. My friend, jenX67, talks about another not-too-distant one in 2007. I've lived through some doozies. Trees splitting, power lines crashing, roofs caving, etc. I know some people have even lost their lives and loved ones in some of these storms. So prepare. Here's a couple of great articles on preparing.

I believe in being prepared. I believe that you should have some basic necessities just in case. Candles, flashlights, extra batteries, blankets, warm clothes, water, alternate heat source, food, way to stay in contact, etc.

BUT

I don't believe you should live in fear, panic, desperation and worry. I don't believe that reacting instead of acting is in anyone's best interest.

And I know that God is in control. Whatever comes, it's not a surprise to Him. His words spoke everything we know into existence. His breath gave us life. His sacrifice gave us the opportunity for an amazing eternity. And this gift is yours...

So if you lose your electricity, read this by candlelight and know that God loves you.

peace.

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

Well said! Keep warm:)