Thursday, February 04, 2010

Challenges


We all face them. They come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they come when we're ready and prepared, more often than not, they come when we are vulnerable or weak. But they come.

I've recently faced a few. But I'm learning with challenges come opportunities.

I have the opportunity to trust God more, to lean on His peace that passes all understanding. I have the opportunity to pray and listen...or maybe listen and pray. I have the opportunity to allow the faith God has given me to get some exercise and maybe even bless someone else in the process. I have the opportunity to BE a follower of Christ, which means I must be going somewhere. I have the opportunity to stand on the solid rock, hide in the cleft of His love, rest in green pastures, be still and know He is God...and I am not.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says "For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

I have the opportunity to believe that what God says He will do, He will do.

peace.

No comments: