Friday, December 11, 2009

Thoughts for today...

It's been pretty quiet at work this week. I'm grateful for the slow down, but it does give me time to think...here are some of the random thoughts I've had.

I was calendaring some work items and saw my dad's b-day in January, just couldn't make myself take it off the calendar for next year.

Andrea is graduating from college on Saturday, wonder what new dates we'll be celebrating next year?

Is 2010 the year I'll lose this weight?

Wonder what my future (as in they aren't even dating anyone kind of future) sons-in-laws birthdays will be?

Wow, it's 2010 already!

What day of the week is Jim's 50th b-day on? WOW, I'm married to an almost 50 year old!! (2011)


I'm not sure quiet time is good for me. Too much thinking, too many possibilities. But it also gives me time to reflect on good things. I try to be a grateful person. I think it's important to recognize goodness everywhere you can.

So here's my grateful list:

I'm grateful for my relationship with God. He is my strength, my comfort, my guide, my peace and my safe harbor. I cannot imagine life without His ever present goodness in my world.

I'm grateful for my husband. He is my best friend.

I'm grateful for my daughters. They bring me such JOY!

I'm grateful for my mom and sister. For my brother-in-law, my niece and nephew. They add color to my world.

I'm grateful for good friends, long-time friends, new friends, twitter friends, facebook friends...The support and love they offer without strings, a constant source of encouragement to me.

I'm grateful for a job I love, with people I love, doing work that daily impacts the souls of men, bringing hope where there is very little, and welcoming people into an eternity with Christ.


OK, so time isn't so bad. It's refocused me and I hope it has blessed you and challenged you to take some time and be grateful as well.

peace.

No comments: