Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I had no idea...

after learning the soundtrack to Man of LaMancha, and singing it for most of my childhood, and even singing along last night during the stage production, I was in for quite a shock!!!

i thought i knew the story, but the soundtrack alone leaves out some detail...like crazy people in prison, much sensuality and gang rape and ritual cleansing by the church for crimes against it. wow, i was dreaming the impossible dream and fighting the unbeatable fo and i think it's a good thing that's where it stopped for me at 10 years of age.

i've could have been scarred for life!!!

the production was very good, i cried, i laughed, i boo'd, i fell in love, i saw redemption...it was a good night!
peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!!! Have I told you that? JEALOUS, I say!
I have to find a copy of this show.....maybe on dvd somewhere? I'll check Netflix.

love ya,
b