Thursday, September 08, 2005

exploding printers and other adventures

well...i went to work today and discovered something i had never known before. when inkjet printer cartridges explode, they do it with style!! after leaking through the printer (and I do mean the whole printer!) it continued down my arm to my hand to the desk where it puddled a while before straying off the edge of the desk to the carpet. and of course, today's shirt color was WHITE!! not that the color would matter, the ink was BLACK!! flashbacks of 20,000 Leagues under the Sea came to mind when the giant octopus of a printer wrapped itself around me and thoroughly inked me. now I know how a rubber stamp feels. after yelling for help, grabbing said printer, tripping on trailing cables and power cords and running out the door, i gave it a proper burial in the dumpster. now i will find my copy of Black Like Me and read with understanding. can't wait to see what tomorrow holds, maybe three desperate copiers on a wire...

No comments: