Thursday, August 16, 2012

Why I do what I do...

There are millions of reasons why I do what I do professionally. Literally. 163 million of them to be a little more exact.


The orphan crisis in our world is huge. Stemming from disease, bad nutrition, lack of water, war, social injustice and much more, it is truly a crisis for humanity. But it doesn't have to stay one.

James 1:27 says to look after widows and orphans is the purest form of religion. I like that. It isn't about what I know, it's about how I walk in His footsteps. It's how I show his love. As the Church this is our responsibility. No where in this scripture does it say if you feel like it, if you're called to it, if you want to...It just says to do it.


Here are a few reasons why.


Orphan Sunday 2011 from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.
(if you have trouble viewing this here, click the Orphan Sunday 2011 link above, it's worth it)




Orphan Sunday 2012 from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.  James 1:27

peace.







No comments: