Thursday, November 11, 2010

Transmedia Storyteller

So a Twitter friend, whom I've met in real life, threw this out the other day and I was intrigued. In my own uniquely astounding way I even responded.

His tweet -

and mine -  

I know. But it was intriguing. I thought I had an idea of what he was talking about, but I started researching. 

Here is the original link sent out in the first tweet. But after some research, I also found this one...and this one and thousands (ok, maybe hundreds) of others.

Basically, it's the ability to create content across multiple media platforms that tell a cohesive, continuing story about one thing. It is the out-of-the box thinking mixed with creativity but firmly rooted in a single purpose. Brilliant!! 

Here's the good news, I know what I want to be when I grow up. For those of you who know me, yes, I said grow up!! Ok, so maybe I won't grow up completely, but this career path excites me. The principles are applicable for any marketing position, pr position, communications position, and the possibilities are endless. 

Imagine your next obligatory Christmas Family Update letter using this train of thought. How much fun could that be?

Imagine political candidates employing these methods to get their messages across instead of bombarding us with direct mail, robo-calls and TV ads only?

The absolute beauty, many of these medias are free.

I could go on and on, but I won't...for now. Look into it, you may be as excited as I am!! If you need another reason, watch and see...



peace. 

No comments: