Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Full Plate

I'm sitting here today with a great case of  "I can't want to" so I thought I'd share. 


There has been a flurry of activity lately, all good. Wedding is less than 3 weeks away, details are falling place, I can't complain. Well, I could but I choose not to...


Anyway, I'm also changing the way I eat. Trying to lose some weight, align my body with my actual needs and pay attention to myself. Something I'm not very good at.


In the midst of all that, I have my first car wreck, Jim is traveling a great deal and I found out yesterday that our dog, Suki, may have cancer.


She's a great dog, we have enjoyed her greatly, but if it is cancer we will not go to extraordinary means to sustain her. We can't afford to do this nor do we want to put her through that. But it's just no fun at all. It weighs heavy on my brain and heart. We should know today or tomorrow what the full diagnosis is and where we go from here.


So my plate is full. I'm done. I don't want or need anything else at this point. Although, a little prayer for dessert would be fine. :-)


So I'm singing this today-

His eye is on the Sparrow (and the akita



why should I feel discouraged
and why should the shadows come
why should my heart feel lonely
and long for heaven and home

when Jesus is my portion
a constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches over me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me
He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches 
I know He watches, 
I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the the sparrow
and I know He watches me

His eye is on the sparrow
and I know he watches me



peace.

1 comment:

barb said...

I find it interesting that God chooses to use music to sustain some of us in times like these. When Esther died, the Lord encouraged me through a song by Jamie Smith. I played it or sang it to my kitten for two weeks as we suffered together. Then, we released her and God was with us and He worked through it all. But it was sad....and God knows and understands sadness. I love sweet Suki and I love you. My heart is with you. b