Wednesday, May 20, 2009

dreams

I've never been much of a dreamer. Once I'm asleep, my mind rests most of the time. So when I have a dream, it has impact.

Not too long ago, I had a dream where I was sitting in the hall of a hospital and a very pregnant lady walked past me and asked me to come with her.

The next moment, we're in a delivery room, me on one side of the bed, doc on the other, pregnant lady on the bed between us. The doc is doing an ultrasound and the pregnant lady looks at me, I recognize her, and she says "The doctor tells me my baby is dead, my son is dead." I say to her "well, we better pray".

I woke up praying for this lady I know in real life that I recognized in my dream. Praying for the health of her baby, her impending delivery, God's protection over the coming birth. This was Sunday, January 18.

January 19, she went into labor and delivered a perfectly healthy baby boy. Here he is.

I don't know why I had the dream, why God wanted me to pray, but I'm glad He did. Are there times when God is presenting opportunities to you, you don't understand and sometimes you say yes and sometimes no? Me too.

But I'm hoping He uses me more. I love to pray, to talk to the Creator of everything I know. To rest in His unchanging faithfulness and love. How can I pray for you?

peace.

thanks, Jen, for the inspiration.

No comments: