Wednesday, March 29, 2006

So we're moving on up, to the north side

Oh my goodness, I've never realized that a sedentary rock collects more than moss. We've lived in our current house for 10 years. When we moved here, we had more space than we knew what to do with. Empty cabinets, half-full closets, it was amazing! In the 10 years we've lived here, all closets are full, cabinets are full to overflowing, floor space occupied. The inheritances from several grandmas and one mom-in-law have helped to fill our otherwise empty spaces. I am committed to using what we have. I hate waste for the sake of saving it for something special. Make today special or give it away so someone else can use it. In the packing of all my stuff, I've realized how precious the people are to me whose memories are awakened when I see the things they passed on to us. More precious to me are the memories I pass on as I share these things with the people I love.
So pull out the good china, drink pop from crystal and make today a celebration! Have some friends over and use those cloth napkins. What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for your move, but will miss you in this neck of the woods. You'll be missed.
xoxo
barb