Saturday, April 08, 2006

Now I remember...

why I hate moving! When I was young and foolish(not a good combination, but a natural one unfortunately), we moved frequently. In our 23 years of marriage, we have moved 18 times. 17 of those were in the first 12 years. Our last move was 10 years ago. I've grown older and wiser in that time. Forgetful too! I forgot how much work it takes to pack a house. I forgot how dust bunnies under appliances and furniture become werebunnies when left undisturbed. I forgot how much energy loading and unloading everything you own takes. The one thing I did remember is how much help friends and family can be.
Some good friends came with trucks and muscles to help us move. My mom gave up her day off to tie up all the loose ends and clear the old house. The entire pastoral staff of our church showed up with trucks, trailers, dollies and strong backs to help us move. I've heard of servant leadership my whole life, for the first time, I saw it in action. Not because we are special, needy, unable...just because that's what Jesus did. He helped people with their every day needs. Some were more significant than others, but he helped them all. Thanks NEWCHURCH pastors for helping the least of these. Our paradigms have shifted due to your kindness and example.
So we're here. We can't find anything but it's great and we are looking forward to many years on Easy Street. I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that! :-) It makes me smile. When we find the kitchen, we'll throw a party. We always do!
WWJD-whatever someone needed Him to. What has He done for you?
Peace from Easy Street!

No comments: