Monday, August 29, 2005

The home of the brave

I saw a cartoon in the Oklahoman this morning and it was a reporter asking Cindy Sheehan "How did your son, Casey, feel about the war?" and she is responding with "What's that got to do with it ?"

Well, all I know is I am proud to have family members and friends who will fight for our freedom. The sacrifices that our military and their families make to provide for our rights and freedoms should be hailed not questioned. So I want to say thank you to the men and women all over the world that follow their Commander in Chief, protect and serve on a daily basis and receive no notariety for it.

And to Cindy Sheehan, I am sorry for the loss of your son. But I am grateful for his sacrifice for my freedom, my children's freedom and the freedom of everyone he fought for. I am sorry for the loss of your marriage as well. I hope that as time passes you will remember the living and let the dead rest in peace, never forgetting, but moving forward with the joy of their memory in your heart. I hope you can find the freedom in your own heart, mind and world that your son fought valiantly to provide for you and us all. Thanks Casey, you paid the ultimate price for your patriotism and I will not forget to honor you as a veteran and hero.

No comments: