Thursday, May 19, 2011

Help a Non-Profit Out


I've worked for non-profits for years and the one thing they all have in common is needing funds. Whether that be through an individual donor, a corporation or through a fund-raising activity, the work is to ask...plead....beg...whatever.

I once heard a story about an Executive Director who would go to the house of a large donor each year for tea and a donation. At the end of the tea, the donor would throw the check on the floor and watch as the ED bent over to pick it up. He did it every year because he knew what was at stake.

I've been working with Easter Seals of Oklahoma on an event they are having in June. You can learn more about it here. (buy some tickets while you're there :-)

But we need help. We need YOUR help. We need auction items, gift cards, and honestly, butts in seats.
It will be a great party, lots of fun, and for an amazing cause.

Would you consider grabbing some of your friends and spending a night on the town to benefit others?

I thought you would.

Thanks!!!

peace.

P.S. If you would like to donate something, please let me know by leaving a comment. I'll even pick it up!

No comments: