Wednesday, October 06, 2010

on being girlie...


I'm not very good at it. Being girlie I mean. I tend to be too practical with money and time and it takes both.

I don't wear makeup, just a little mascara or you wouldn't see I have eyes. I don't get my hair done regularly, even though my daughter is a stylist. I don't like to shop for clothes, I have just enough shoes, and I rarely wear jewelry other than my wedding ring. I won't spend the time to mani/pedi every two weeks. Although the occasional one is a treat.

But, I do enjoy being a woman. I feel stronger than I ever have. I'm settled in myself. My faith grows all the time and my relationship with my creator God too.

I have a wonderful husband who takes care of me. Spoils me. Loves me. Walks with me, in front of me, behind me or beside me depending on the occasion and how he can best keep me safe. He's aware of me. He likes me. He makes me laugh. I feel safe with him.

So I'm thinking that girlie isn't all frills and fluff. Maybe it's just that place where you are the best you.

I like that place.

peace.

1 comment:

barb said...

awwww yeah. but, sorry. gotta have that monthly pedi. I'm so used to it now that I'd have to do my own at home if I lost my Amy that does mine. But I get what you're saying and I'm with ya.

lv,
b