Friday, September 11, 2009

Reflecting on 9-11

I think as an Oklahoman, I feel a special connection to the people of NYC. They helped us during dark and unsure days after the Murrah Building bombing in OKC. I remember feeling great compassion as the days and weeks unfolded after 9-11. Knowing the pain, sorrow, joy and confusion that were all wrapped together for the people and survivors. I prayed this for them then and I pray it now.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Lord God,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.

peace.

No comments: