Thursday, June 14, 2007

rain and more....

have you ever heard the saying when it rains, it pours? seems to me it applies to more than just the weather. don't get me wrong, it has been a very, very wet spring here in OK. the wheat farmers are in trouble because the wheat that hasn't gone bad yet, will soon if not harvested, and the fields resemble wetlands at the moment.

i also think when other things "rain" they "pour". blessings, difficult times, death, birth...i never seem to see a single incident of anything. i look around our church and see many pregnant women, new babies...proof of God's love for us. why would he allow something he didn't love continue to create more of them?

as the lightning streaks across the sky causing my lights to blink and the thunder reminds me there is more to storm season than water and wind, i am grateful for the reminder that my life is held in God's hand regardless of raining, pouring, drought or abundance.

peace.

No comments: