Thursday, December 07, 2006

inner pieces?

i've discovered something recently. it's really not brain surgery, but it was a paradigm shift for me. anger and frustration disturbed my inner pieces which in turn leaves me no inner peace. i know, it should be obvious. the Bible has been telling me this my whole life. bumper stickers have touted it for years. but it takes the inner knowing all for myself to really, truly let it sink in.

you see, i work in a frustrating place with insecure people and it has been taking quite a toll on me. i lived in a constant state of wound up and i'm not really a wound up kind of gal. it finally occurred to me that i could unwind. i didn't have to fix it, control it, excuse it, accept it or like it. i could be calm, gracious, firm and at peace regardless. AND i've decided i like it when my inner pieces are at peace. it works for me. i'm better here.

so i'll "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer." romans 12:12. and my inner pieces will rest in peace.

peace to your inner pieces too!

No comments: