Sunday, February 08, 2009

my 5 cents worth

yeah, hang on. you only get 2 cents from others, but i'm on a roll today.

i don't mind change, i embrace it. i look for it, i challenge others to appreciate it. just ask my husband or my boss.

so here is my question, if this new government is issuing in a time of change, i'm all for it, but can it really happen?

our government is not based on one man or one man's efforts. it is based on a system that in my opinion has moved so far from the original intent of our founding fathers it doesn't even resemble the government they created by the people, for the people.

career politicians were never their intent. special interest groups were never their intent. lobbyists were never their intent. and until we scrub the system clean, we will never see true change.

which means, we will probably never see true change. not in a big way. not in the way that would set our country back on the right path.

so here is my plan. i'm not going to wait for change. i'm going to pray that God who is the same yesterday, today and forever will be our guide. i'm going to pray that the people of God live in grace, unapologetically showing the love of Jesus to the world they walk around in. i'm going to pray they will know we are christians by our love. i'm going to pray and leave my hope in God.

join me in praying, cause prayer changes things.

peace.

No comments: