Saturday, November 29, 2008

thankful days

in these days of thanksgiving and abundance we are still faced with the lack of a job. it is interesting to be thankful and seeking. thankful and unsure. thankful and peaceful in the midst of the unknown. so i've decided to focus on the things i am sure of.

i am sure God loves me. John 3:16 "for God so loved the world He gave his only son for those who would believe in Him would not die but live forever with Him."

i am sure that God has a plan. Jeremiah 29:11-13 "for I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. when you call on me and seek me with your whole heart, I will be found by you."

i am sure that i am of great value to God. Matthew 6:25-31 "why do you worry about the stuff of your life? the birds do nothing and yet God feeds them. why do you worry about clothes? the lilly of the field is just beautiful, God made them that way. How by worrying can you change anything? o you of little faith, don't be anxious. seek God and He will provide."

like the old hymn says..."for i know whom i have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which i've committed unto Him against that day." i have trusted Him with my soul, my life, my all...our livelihood is a small thing in comparison.

God knows our needs and He is faithful. of this I am sure.

peace.

btw...the scripture above is my language not an exact translation.

No comments: